Faculty & Staff Directory
- Cohava Gelber
Cohava Gelber, PhD, MBA, is an executive with over 25 years of experience in discovery and development of immune therapeutics and diagnostics for cancer, autoimmune disease, allergies and infectious diseases. Dr. Gelber held various executive positions in academia (Duke University) and biopharmaceutical companies (ImmuLogic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Molecular Discoveries and MannKind Corporation).
She recently launched Caerus Discovery, LLC (CDL) with support from Biowa/ Kyowa Hakko Kirin. CDL ‘s mission is to discover and develop new antibody-based therapeutics and diagnostics. Prior to founding CDL, Cohava Gelber served as the Chief Scientific & Technology Officer of ATCC, VP of R&D for MannKind Corp- a public company developing therapeutics for diabetes, cancer and autoimmune diseases and was responsible for non-clinical development and clinical immune safety of drugs from pre IND through phase III clinical trials. She received her PhD from the Weizmann Institute, her MBA degree from Cornell University and post doctorate training at Stanford University.
She published numerous scientific manuscripts and textbook chapters and she is the inventor of 16 granted patents and 57 patent applications.
- G.H. Wheatley III, K.P. McKinnon, M. Iacobucci, S. Mahon, C. Gelber, and H.K. Lyerly. Dendritic cells improve the generation of Epstein-Barr virus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes for the treatment of post transplantation lymphoma, 1998. Surgery. 124(2): 171-176.
- P. Krueger, C. Nitz, J. Moore, R. Foster, O. Gelber, and C. Gelber. Monoclonal Antibody Identifies a Distinctive Epitope Expressed by Human Multiple Myeloma Cells, 2001. Journal of Immunotherpy. 24(4): 334-344.
- P. Kueger, C. Nitz, R. Foster, C. MacDonald, O. Gelber, G. Lalehzadeh, R. Goodson, J. Winter, and C. Gelber. A new small cell lung cancer (SCLC) specific marker discovered through antigenic subtraction of neuroblastoma cells, 2003. Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy, Volume 52, Issue 6, pp 367-377.
- P. Krueger, K. Daukas, P. Menkin, I. Trantcheva, M. Jackson, T. Vaccaro, K. Rousseau, I. Carballo, O. Gelber, M. Grant, And C. Gelber. The Pharmacokinetic Profile of Technosphere®/ Insulin Administered by Inhalation in the Rat Model. American Association for Diabetes Research Proceedings, 2004.
- M. Grant, P. Menkin, I. Trantcheva, K. A. Leiner, and C. Gelber. The Distribution of 14C-labeled Technosphere® Particles Following Intra-tracheal, Liquid Instillation in the Sprague-Dawley Rat. American Association for Diabetes Research Proceedings, 2004.
- P. Krueger, K. Rousseau, I. Carballo, L. Harris, R. Wood, and C. Gelber. Technosphere® Matrix: A Novel Pulmonary Drug Delivery Agent. American Association for Diabetes Research Proceedings, 2004.
- J. Simms, C. Auge, S. Weksler-Zangen, J. Schmidt, A. Chung, S. Hacohen, S. Klein, I. Raz, and C. Gelber. Characterization of Differentially Expressed Protein Biomarkers in Pancreatic Tissues Derived from the Cohen Diabetic Rat Model of Type 2 Diabetes. American Association for Diabetes Research Proceedings, 2007.
- Novel Biomarkers Identified by Protein Profiling: Potential New Diagnosis and Therapeutics for Type 2 Diabetes. Liping Liu, Zhidong Xie, Sarah Zangen, Raquel Manteiga, Shelley Hacohen, Wendell Cheatham, Itamar Raz and Cohava Gelber. 2007 EASD proceedings.
- Transcriptome Analyses Reveals Potential Novel Biomarkers for the Development of Type 2 Diabetes. P. Ikonomi, S. Zangen, Q. Li, S. Hacohen, I. Raz2, C. Gelber. 2007 EASD proceedings.
- The costs of using unauthenticated, over-passaged cell lines: how much more data do we need? Peyton Hughes, Damian Marshall, Yvonne Reid, Helen Parkes, and Cohava Gelber. BioTechniques 43:575-586 (November 2007).
- CANCER BIOMARKERS: Proteome analysis of pancreatic cancer tissue for identification of novel biomarkers; Ganepola Ganepola, Paritosh Suman, and Cohava Gelber Cancer Res., Dec 2009; 69: C32.
- Cohava Gelber