Faculty & Staff Directory
- PhD, Bioengineering, University of Pennysylvania (1988)
- MSE, Systems Engineering, University of Pennsylvania (1987)
- VMD, Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania (1986)
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, Boston University (1981)
Kim Blackwell is a world leader in computational modeling of calcium dynamics and signaling pathways underlying neuronal plasticity. Her research investigates the mechanisms whereby particular spatio-temporal patterns of inputs produce changes in synaptic plasticity and intrinsic excitability. As part of this research she creates novel software, both using deterministic approaches and stochastic approaches, either stand-alone or working in conjunction with other neural modeling software, in order to address otherwise intractable problems.
- NEUR 634 Computer Modeling of Neurons & Networks