ESRI ArcGIS Information
ESRI GIS Products
ArcGIS Online is a cloud-based mapping and analysis solution. Use it to make maps, analyze data, and to share and collaborate. ArcGIS Online contains a subset of the tools available within the desktop clients.
- Available to all Mason Employees and Students
- All users will be assigned the GIS Professional Role by default
- All users receive 1,000 credits, normally enough for all academic uses
- ArcGIS Pro and Desktop downloads available using this account
How to Create an ArcGIS Online Account
- Review the "Permitted Uses" documentation (PDF)
- Go to ArcGIS Online and click on "Sign In" in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on the down arrow next to "Your ArcGIS organization's URL.
- Enter "mygmu" to complete the URL mygmu.maps.arcgis.com and click on "Continue".
- Click on "George Mason University" and login using your netid and password.
ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop
- How to Access Citrix Virtual Lab to use ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop
- ArcGIS Pro Installation Handout (PDF)
- ArcGIS Desktop Installation (PDF)
Training and Resources
- Look for answers in the ESRI Knowledge Base first.
- Students should reach out to their professor, department graduate or learning assistants, or classmates for help. Alternatively, they can use ArcGIS desktop products that are already installed on Citrix. (PDF)
- After reviewing the ESRI Knowledge Base, faculty and staff can contact Na Liu for support.