Wolfram Mathematica is a symbolic mathematical computation programming language used in math, computing, engineering and other fields.
- Mathematica Desktop and Mathematica Online are free for use to Mason employees and students.
- Mathematica can also be used on research clusters and on distributed, or ad-hoc, grid environments. For details, please contact David Stevens at Wolfram Research
Get Access to Mathematica Desktop and Mathematica Online
All users need to create an account. Skip this step if you already have an @gmu.edu account with Wolfram.
- Create an account (New users only):
- Go to user.wolfram.com and click “Create Account”
- Fill out form using your firstname.lastname@example.org email, and click “Create Wolfram ID”
- Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
- If desired Request access to Mathematica Online
- Request an Activation Key for Mathematica Desktop
- Click the “Product Summary page” link to access your license
- Click “Get Downloads” and select “Download” next to your platform
- Run the installer on your machine, and enter Activation Key at prompt
- Hands-on Start to Mathematica (video)
- Hands-on Start to Mathematica Online (video)
- Fast Introduction for Math Students (online book).
- How To Topics
- Mathematica Resources