Actuarial Sciences Graduate Certificate
The Actuarial Sciences Graduate Certiﬁcate is designed to serve students and professionals in the Washington, D.C. area who are interested in pursuing careers as actuaries.
This part-time program offers specific training in actuarial sciences, providing a solid foundation for the Casualty Actuarial Society exams. The course content provides students with speciﬁc training related to the following exams administered by the Society of Actuaries (SOA):
- Financial Mathematics Exam
- Long-Term Actuarial Mathematics Exam
- Short-Term Actuarial Mathematics Exam
- Statistics for Risk Modeling Exam
- Investment and Financial Markets Exam
This program has been identified by George Mason University as one that may lead to a career requiring professional licensure/certification. Federal regulations require Mason to disclose information as to whether this program meets/does not meet the educational requirements for licensure/certification in your state, or whether such a determination has not been made. Please consult our Licensure Disclosure Tool (https://provost.gmu.edu/licensure) for the disclosure statement specific to your desired state/program combination.
- The Actuarial Sciences Graduate Certificate may only be pursued on a part-time basis.
- The courses also provide a solid foundation for the corresponding Casualty Actuary Society (CAS) exams.
- Passing the ﬁrst professional exam, i.e. the SOA Probability Exam, is equivalent to meeting the prerequisites for the certiﬁcate courses in the area of probability and statistics.
Review admission and course requirements for this degree: