Actuarial Sciences Graduate Certificate
The Actuarial Sciences Graduate Certiﬁcate is designed to serve students and professionals in the Washington, D.C. area who are interested in pursuing careers as actuaries.
This part-time program offers specific training in actuarial sciences, providing a solid foundation for the Casualty Actuarial Society exams. The course content provides students with speciﬁc training related to the following exams administered by the Society of Actuaries (SOA):
- Financial Mathematics Exam
- Long-Term Actuarial Mathematics Exam
- Short-Term Actuarial Mathematics Exam
- Statistics for Risk Modeling Exam
- Investment and Financial Markets Exam
- The Actuarial Sciences Graduate Certificate may only be pursued on a part-time basis.
- The courses also provide a solid foundation for the corresponding Casualty Actuary Society (CAS) exams.
- Passing the ﬁrst professional exam, i.e. the SOA Probability Exam, is equivalent to meeting the prerequisites for the certiﬁcate courses in the area of probability and statistics.
Review admission and course requirements for this degree: