Faculty & Staff Directory
Haw Chuan Lim
- Associate Professor
- Director of STEM Accelerator Program
PhD, Evolutionary Biology, Louisiana State University (2010)
Lim uses evolutionary genomics methods to study how geography, ecology and history interact to create, maintain, and distribute biological diversity at different spatio-temporal scales. I aim to use integrative approaches that transcends disciplinary boundaries because biological processes themselves are not compartmentalized.
Currently works with:
- Department of Biology
- Smithsonian Institution
- Micro-Biome Analysis Center
Lim teaches classes in biostatistics, bioinformatics and population genetics.
- Shakya, S. B., H. C. Lim, R. G. Moyle, M. A. Rahman, M. Lakim, and F. H. Sheldon. 2019. A cryptic new species of bulbul from Borneo. Bulletin of the British Ornithologists’ Club 139:46-55.
- Drovetski, S. V., M. O’Mahoney, E. J. Ransome, K. O. Matterson, H. C. Lim, R. T. Chesser, and G. R. Graves. 2018. Spatial Organization of the Gastrointestinal Microbiota in Urban Canada Geese. Scientific Reports 8:3713.
- Lim, H. C., D. F. Gawin, S. B. Shakya, M. G. Harvey, M. A. Rahman, and F. H. Sheldon. 2017. Sundaland’s east-west rain forest population structure: Variable manifestations in four polytypic bird species examined using RAD-Seq and plumage analyses. Journal of Biogeography 44: 2259-2271
- Lim, H.C. and M.J. Braun. 2016. High-throughput SNP genotyping of historical and modern samples of five bird species via sequence capture of ultraconserved elements. Molecular Ecology Resources (Sequence Capture Special Issue) 16:1204-23