Faculty & Staff Directory
PhD, University of Ulm, Germany
After getting PhD in Mathematics from University of Ulm (Germany) under Prof. Wolfgang Arendt, I spent a few years as an Assistant professor at Catholic University of Eichstaett (Germany). Afterwards, I moved to University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus and spent 15 years there as a professor, before moving to George Mason University in January 2020. I had the great pleasure to work with many top reserachres in both theoretical and applied mathematics in my career.
Research interest: Fractional Partial Differential Equations, Nonlocal Partial Differential Equations, Evolution Equations, Linear and non linear Partial Differential Equations, Potential theory, Dirichlet forms, Feller semigroups, Control Theory of PDEs, Optimal Control of PDEs. See Publications
Research funding: AirForce Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), Army Research Office (ARO), and National Science Foundation (NSF). See Projects
Dr. Warma teaches advanced courses in Mathematics such as graduate and undergraduate Partial Differential Equations, Real, Complex and Functional Analysis, Advanced Calculus. He has advised six PhD students and has been the mentor of several undergraduate and graduate students.
(1) Umberto Biccari, Mahamadi Warma, and Enrique Zuazua. Control and numerical approximation of fractional diffusion equations. Handbook of Numerical Analysis 23 (2022), Pages 1–58.
(2) Harbir Antil, Thomas S. Brown, Ratna Khatri, Akwum Onwunta, DeepanshuVerma, and Mahamadi Warma. Optimal control, numerics, and applications of fractional PDEs. Handbook of Numerical Analysis Volume 23 (2022), Pages 87–114.
(3) Gunter Leugering, Gis`ele Mophou, Maryse Moutamal, and Mahamadi Warma. Optimal ¨ control problems of parabolic fractional Sturm-Liouville equations in a star graph. Mathematical Control and Related Fields, to appear.
(4) Jean-Daniel Djida, Gis`ele Mophou, and Mahamadi Warma. Optimal control of mixed localnonlocal parabolic PDE with singular boundary-exterior data. Evolution Equations and Control Theory, to appear.
(5) Carlos Lizama, Mahamadi Warma, and Sebastian Zamorano. Exterior controllability properties of a nonlocal Moore-Gibson-Thompson equation. Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, to appear.
(6) Harbir Antil, Ciprian G. Gal, and Mahamadi Warma. A unified framework for optimal control of fractional in time subdiffusive semilinear PDEs. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, Series S, to appear.
(7) Harbir Antil, Thomas S. Brown, Deepanshu Verma, and Mahamadi Warma. Optimal control of fractional PDEs with state and control constraints. Pure and Applied Functional Analysis, to appear.