Faculty & Staff Directory
PhD, Meteorology, University of Maryland 1992
Prof. Dirmeyer conducts research on the role of the land surface in the climate system. This includes the development and application of land-surface models, studies of the impact of land surface variability on the predictability of climate, interactions between the terrestrial and atmospheric branches of the hydrologic cycle, and the impacts of land use change on regional and global climate.
- American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fellow, 2017
- European Geophysical Union (EGU) Senior Leonardo Lecturer, 2016
- American Meteorological Society (AMS) Fellow, 2014
- U. Maryland Dept. of Atmospheric and Oceanic Science Distinguished Alumnus, 2009
- AMS Clarence Leroy Meisinger Award, 2006