Faculty & Staff Directory
- Assistant Professor
- PhD, Mathematics, University of Michigan, (2016).
- BA/MA, Mathematics, Bryn Mawr College, (2011).
Dr. R.G. is an Assistant Professor in the mathematics department at GMU. She does research in commutative algebra and teaches a variety of courses, including graduate algebra, geometry, abstract algebra, and history of math.
Dr. R.G.'s studies commutative noetherian rings, especially big Cohen-Macaulay modules and algebras, closure operations, and classifying singularities, particularly in characteristic p>0.
- Closure operations that induce big Cohen-Macaulay modules and classification of singularities, J. Algebra, 467 (2016), p. 237-267, arXiv:1512.06843
- F-singularities under generic linkage (with Linquan Ma, Janet Page, William Taylor, and Wenliang Zhang), J. Algebra, 505 (2018), p. 194-210, arXiv:1607.03972
- Closure operations that induce big Cohen-Macaulay algebras, J. Pure Appl. Algebr., 222 (2018), p. 1878-1897, arXiv:1512.07862
- Big Cohen-Macaulay and seed algebras in equal characteristic zero via ultraproducts (with Geoffrey D. Dietz), to appear in J. Commut. Algebr., arXiv:1608.08193
- AMS-Simons Travel Grant, 2019
- CHSS Internal Award for Team-Taught Course on History of Mathematics, 2019
- Project NExT Fellow, Mathematical Association of America, 2018
- AWM Mathematics Travel Grant, February 2017
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, Awarded 2011