Advisors for Neuroscience
Online Advising now available! Please select Neuroscience Major Advising - Online when scheduling your appointment in Navigate.
Getting in touch with a Neuroscience advisor is easy. Please schedule an appointment through NAVIGATE (instructions are below).
Book an Appointment
The advisors in Neuroscience are here to help. If you are having problems, say something and get some help!
All in-person advising is scheduled by appointment only. Please follow the instructions below:
- Log into Navigate using your Mason ID.
- Click the Get Assistance button in the upper right corner.
- For appointment type, select “Academic Advising”
- For select your college, select “College of Science”
- For major, select “Neuroscience”
- Click Next
- For which office, select “Neuroscience”
- Select an advisor. If you select “Gwendolyn Lewis”, your appointment is with Dr. Lewis in Krasnow 254. If you select “Advisor, Neuroscience”, your appointment is with Ginny Scott in Krasnow 204. If you select “Greta Ann Herin”, your appointment is with Dr. Herin in Krasnow 255.
Need an online advising appointment? Select "Neuroscience Major Advising - Online" when scheduling your appointment with an advisor.
How to find the live chat appointment:
- Login to Blackboard
- Look to the top right, and select the “Organizations” link
- Look under My Organizations (center of the page) and select Neuroscience Undergraduate Academic Advising
- If you do not see this link you must first make an in person advising appointment (please cancel the online advising appointment until then)
- To the left of the page, choose “Tools”
- Scroll down and then select “Blackboard Collaborate Ultra”
- Look for the link with your advisors name on it.
- Once linked to collaborate, click on the purple tab with arrows on it on the bottom right.
- This will link you into a live chat. At the time of your appointment your advisor will move you to a breakout room. This is a private chat room. Please be patient, your advisor may be finishing a chat with another student.
Questions? We are happy to help. Brief advising questions can be e-mailed to email@example.com.