Advisors for Neuroscience
Online Advising now available! Please select Neuroscience Major Advising - Online when scheduling your appointment in Navigate.
Pre-orientation advising is available to help new transfer students plan a course schedule for their first semester. Students interested in pre-orientation advising should schedule an appointment in Navigate or email email@example.com. Pre-orientation advising is not a substitute for actual orientation, where valuable program information is shared with all incoming students. Students who attend a pre-orientation advising session MUST still attend their advising session during orientation.
Getting in touch with a Neuroscience advisor is easy. Please schedule an appointment through NAVIGATE (instructions are below).
Book an Appointment
The advisors in Neuroscience are here to help. If you are having problems, say something and get some help!
All advising is currently online via Zoom and scheduled by appointment. Please follow the instructions below:
- Log into Navigate using your Mason ID.
- Click the Get Assistance button.
- In the "Services" drop down menu, select “Advising” to see Neuroscience Advisor availability.
- If you are currently in a major outside of the College of Science and wish to change your major, select "Advising Outside of Your College."
- For minor advising, select "Minor Advising" under the "Services" drop down menu.
- Select an advisor. If you select “Gwendolyn Lewis”, your appointment is with Dr. Lewis in her Zoom meeting room. If you select “Advisor, Neuroscience”, your appointment is with Ginny Scott in her Zoom meeting room. If you select “Greta Ann Herin”, your appointment is with Dr. Herin in her Zoom meeting room.
Need an online advising appointment? Select "Neuroscience Major Advising - Online" when scheduling your appointment with an advisor.
How to find the live chat appointment:
- Your appointment confirmation will contain the link to your advisor's personal Zoom room.
- At the time of your appointment, click on this link and login to Zoom with your @gmu.edu address.
- Upon entry you will be placed in the Zoom waiting room and moved to the main room by your advisor. Please be patient, the advisor may be finishing up an earlier student appointment.
Questions? We are happy to help. Brief advising questions can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.