Advisors for Neuroscience
Online Advising now available! Please select Neuroscience Major Advising - Online when scheduling your appointment in Navigate.
Pre-orientation advising is available to help new transfer students plan a course schedule for their first semester. Students interested in pre-orientation advising should schedule an appointment in Navigate or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-orientation advising is not a substitute for actual orientation, where valuable program information is shared with all incoming students. Students who attend a pre-orientation advising session MUST still attend their advising session during orientation.
Getting in touch with a Neuroscience advisor is easy. Please schedule an appointment through NAVIGATE (instructions are below).
Book an Appointment
The advisors in Neuroscience are here to help. If you are having problems, say something and get some help!
All advising is currently online via Blackboard Collaborate and scheduled by appointment. Please follow the instructions below:
- Log into Navigate using your Mason ID.
- Click the Get Assistance button.
- In the "Services" drop down menu, select “Advising” to see Neuroscience Advisor availability.
- If you are currently in a major outside of the College of Science and wish to change your major, select "Advising Outside of Your College."
- For minor advising, select "Minor Advising" under the "Services" drop down menu.
- Select an advisor. If you select “Gwendolyn Lewis”, your appointment is with Dr. Lewis in Bb Collaborate Advising with Dr. Lewis. If you select “Advisor, Neuroscience”, your appointment is with Ginny Scott in Bb Collaborate. If you select “Greta Ann Herin”, your appointment is with Dr. Herin in Bb Collaborate "Advising with Dr. Herin."
Need an online advising appointment? Select "Neuroscience Major Advising - Online" when scheduling your appointment with an advisor.
How to find the live chat appointment:
- Login to Blackboard
- Look to the top right, and select the “Organizations” link
- Look under My Organizations (center of the page) and select Neuroscience Undergraduate Academic Advising
- If you do not see this link you must first make an in person advising appointment (please cancel the online advising appointment until then)
- To the left of the page, choose “Tools”
- Scroll down and then select “Blackboard Collaborate Ultra”
- Look for the link with your advisors name on it.
- Once linked to collaborate, click on the purple tab with arrows on it on the bottom right.
- This will link you into a live chat. At the time of your appointment your advisor will move you to a breakout room. This is a private chat room. Please be patient, your advisor may be finishing a chat with another student.
Questions? We are happy to help. Brief advising questions can be e-mailed to email@example.com.