Faculty & Staff Directory
- Associate Professor
- PhD, Computational Social Science, George Mason University, (2012)
- PhD, Academy of Economic Studies of Romania, (2010)
- MA, Academy of Economic Studies of Romania, (2004)
I am currently doing research at the intersection of data sciences (with a focus on natural language processing), economics and astrobiology. My aim is to understand communication in biological and social networks as an evolving complex system.
Berea, Anamaria. “Emergence of Communication in Socio-Biological Networks”, Springer, January 2018.
Bell Aaron, Chopra Aditya, Fawcett William, Talebi Rodd, Angerhausen Daniel, Berea Anamaria, Cabrol Nathalie, Kempes Chris, Mascaro Massimo. 2018. “NASA Frontier Development Lab 2018 Using machine learning to study E.T. biospheres”, NIPS - CiML 2018
Sean McGregor, Dattaraj Dhuri, Anamaria Berea and Andrés Muñoz-Jaramillo. 2017. “FlareNet: A Deep Learning Framework for Solar Phenomena Prediction”, NIPS 2017
Berea, Anamaria, Tsvetovat, Maksim, Daun-Barnett, Nathan, Greenwald, Mathew and Cox, Elena, 2015. “A New Multi-Dimensional Conceptualization of Individual Achievement in College”, Decision Analytics, 2:3, Springer, May 2015.
Minoiu, Camelia and Kang, Chanhyun and Subrahmanian, V.S. and Berea, Anamaria, Does Financial Connectedness Predict Crises? Quantitative Finance, 15:4, Routledge, March 2015.
Berea, Anamaria, Maxwell, Dan and Twardy, Charles, 2012. “Improving Forecast Accuracy Using Bayesian Network Decomposition in Prediction Markets”, AAAI Proceedings, Fall 2012 Symposium.
- 4th Best Team in IARPA Global Forecasting Competition 2019
- Teradata University Network Faculty Award Winner, 2014
- Data Ambassador for DataKind and European Court of Human Rights, 2014