Faculty & Staff Directory
PhD, Biochemistry, Louisiana State University
BS, Biochemistry, Kansas State University
I am an educational faculty member at GMU and primarily involved in teaching undergraduate courses, coordinating large multi-section cell biology course, and advising undergraduate students.
I regularly teach BIOL 213 Cell Structure and Function, BIOL 305 Biology of Microorganisms, BIOL 301 Infectious Disease and Society, BIOL 385 Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, and BIOL 486 Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Laboratory
- Madden, C.R., Finegold, M.J., and Slagle, B.L. (2002) Altered DNA mutation spectrum in aflatoxin-B1 treated transgenic mice that express the hepatitis B virus X protein. J. Virology 76, 11770-11774.
- Vilchez, RA., Madden, CR., Kozinetz, CA., Halvorson, J., White, Z., Jorgenson, JL., Finch, CJ., Butel, JS. (2002) Association between simian virus 40 and non-hodgkins lymphoma. The Lancet 359, 817-823.
- Madden, C.R., Finegold, M.J., and Slagle, B.L. (2001) Hepatitis B virus X protein acts as a tumor promoter
- in development of diethylnitrosamine-induced preneoplastic lesions. J. Virology 75, 3851-3858.
- Madden, C.R. and Slagle, B.L. (2001) Stimulation of cellular proliferation by hepatitis B virus X protein. Disease Markers 17, 153-157.
American Gastroenterology Association Research Scholar Award