Faculty & Staff Directory
- Professor Emeritus (Materials Science)
PhD, Theoretical Solid State Physics, University of London, England (1967)
M.Sc. Theoretical Solid State Physics, University of London, England (1964)
DIC Mathematical Physics, Imperial College of London, England (1963)
B.Sc. Physics, University of Athens, Greece (1961)
- Electronic Structure Calculations
- Tight-binding Hamiltonians
- Superconductivity. Electron-Phonon Interaction
- Hydrogenated Materials
- Disordered Alloys. Coherent potential Approximation
- Materials Science
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Computational Science
- Quantum Physics
- Computational Chemistry
- “Cubic H3S around 200 Gpa: An Atomic Hydrogen Superconductor Stabilized by Sulfur”, D.A. Papaconstantopoulos,
- B.M. Klein, M.J. Mehl, and W.E. Pickett, Phys. Rev. B 91, 184511 (2015).
- “Electronic structure and dynamics analysis of the Cu-Ag binary alloy by a tight-binding parametrization” , S. Silayi, P.-H. Chang, and
- D.A. Papaconstantopoulos, Comp. Mat. Science, 173, 109454(2020)
- “High-temperature superconductivity in LaH10”, D.A. Papaconstantopoulos, M.J. Mehl, and P.-H. Chang, Phys. Rev. B101, 060506 Rap. Com. (2020).
- “Handbook of the Band Structure of Elemental Solids: From Z=1 To Z=112”, D.A. Papaconstantopoulos, Springer 2015.
- Received publication award for work on the electron-phonon interaction and superconductivity NRL 1975
- Received publication award for work on the electronic structure of A15 compounds NRL 1979
- Elected to Fellowship of the American Physical Society 1980
- Received the Alan Berman publication award for the "Handbook of the Band Structure of Elemental Solids" NRL 1987
- Received the SIGMA XI Pure Science Award NRL 1990
- Received award for NRL Review Article "Solid-State Supercomputing" 1990
- Received award for NRL Review Article "Computational Materials Science" 1994
- Received the Alan Berman publication award for Physical Review article, "Applications of a New Tight-Binding Total Energy Method for Transition and Noble Metals”, 1996
- Received the Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award 2000.
- Certificate of Recognition for “Outstanding Referee” by the American Physical Society, 2008.