Faculty & Staff Directory
Sample current sponsored projects:
- Land Surface Temperature Retrieval from GOES satellites, Sponsor: NOAA
- GOES-R Flood/Standing Water Project, Sponsor: NOAA
- Demonstrating the Value of NASA Research Satellite Data, Data Assimilation Products and Models for Improving Seasonal Prediction of Tropical Climate, Sponsor: NASA
- Li, W., Yang C., and Sun D.L. (2008). Mining the correlations and rules of geophysical parameters’ contribution to tropical cyclones, Computers & Geosciences. (in press)
- Pinker, R.T., D.L. Sun, M. Huang, and J. Barsara (2008) Evaluation of surface temperature retrieval from GOES over the United States, J. Applied Meteorology and Climatology (in press)
- Sun, D. L., K. M. Lau, and M. Kafatos, 2008: Contrasting the 2007 and 2005 hurricane season-evidence of possible impacts of Saharan dry air and dust on tropical cyclone activity in the Atlantic basin. Geophysical Research Letters, 35, L15405, doi:10.1029/2008GL034529.
- Yang R., D. Sun, J. Tang (2008) A ‘sufficient condition combination for rapid intensifications of tropical cyclones, Geophysical Research Letters, 35, L20802, doi:10.1029/2008GL035222
- Sun, D.L., and R. T. Pinker (2007) Retrieval of Surface temperature from the MSG_SEVIRI observations: Part I. Methodology. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 28(23), 5255-5272
- Sun, D.L. and Kafatos, M. (2007) Note on the NDVI-LST relationship and the use of temperature-related drought indices over North America. Geophysical Research Letters, 34, L24406, doi:10.1029/2007GL031485
- Sun, D. L., M. Kafatos, G. Cervone, Z. Boybeyi, and R. Yang (2007) Satellite Microwave Detected SST Anomalies and Hurricane Intensification. Journal of Natural Hazards, 43(2), 273-284, DOI 10.1007/s11069-006-9099-5.