Faculty & Staff Directory
Sample current sponsored projects:
- Land Surface Temperature Retrieval from GOES satellites, Sponsor: NOAA
- GOES-R Flood/Standing Water Project, Sponsor: NOAA
- Demonstrating the Value of NASA Research Satellite Data, Data Assimilation Products and Models for Improving Seasonal Prediction of Tropical Climate, Sponsor: NASA
- Li, S., M. D. Goldberg, W. Sjoberg, L. Zhou, S. Nandi, N. Chowdhury, W. Straka III, T. Yang and Donglian Sun, 2020: Assessment of the Catastrophic Asia Floods and Potentially Affected Population in Summer 2020 Using VIIRS Flood Products. Remote Sensing, 12(19), p.3176, DOI: 10.3390/rs12193176.
- Goldberg, M. D., S. Li, D. T. Lindsey, W. Sjoberg, L. Zhou, and D. Sun, 2020: Mapping, Monitoring, and Prediction of Floods Due to Ice Jam and Snowmelt with Operational Weather Satellites. Remote Sensing, 12(11), p.1865, DOI:10.3390/rs12111865.
- Sun, D., Y. Li, X. Zhan, P. Houser, C. Yang, L. Chiu, and R. Yang, 2019: Land Surface Temperature Derivation under All Sky Conditions through Integrating AMSR-E/AMSR-2 and MODIS/GOES Observations. Remote Sensing, 11(14), p.1704, DOI: 10.3390/rs11141704.
- Goldberg, M., S. Li, S. Goodman, D. Lindsey, B. Sjorberg, and D. Sun, 2018: Contributions of Operational Satellites in Monitoring the Catastrophic Floodwaters due to Hurricane Harvey. Remote Sensing, 10 (8), p.1256.
- Li, S., D. Sun, M. D. Goldberg, B. Sjoberg, D.Santek, J.P. Hoffman, M.DeWeese, P. Restrepo, S. Lindsey and E. Holloway, 2017: Automatic near real-time flood detection using Suomi-NPP/VIIRS data. Remote Sensing of Environment, 204, 672-689.
- Zheng, W., D. Sun, and S. Li, 2017: Mapping Coastal Floods Induced by Hurricane Storm Surge using ATMS Data, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 38(23), 6846-6864.
- Hu, T., B. Cao, Y. Du, H. Li, C. Wong, Z. Bian, D. Sun, and Q. Liu, 2017: Estimation of Surface Upward Longwave Radiation Using a Direct Physical Algorithm, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2017.2692261.
- Hu, T., Y. Du, B. Cao, H. Li, Z. Bian, D. Sun, and Q. Liu, 2016: Estimation of Upward Longwave Radiation From Vegetated Surfaces Considering Thermal Directionality, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing,54(11), 6644-6658.