Faculty & Staff Directory
- Associate Professor
- Chair, Computational and Data Sciences
D.Sc. Optics & Electro-Optical Sciences, Southeastern Inst. Of Tech, 1993
M.S. Physics, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 1987
B.A. Physics, William Jewell College, 1985
Chair of Department
Research Interests include analysis of images, fusion of image content non-image data, and education.
Dr. Kinser has taught more than 30 different courses at GMU in several departments including Computational & Data Sciences, Physics, Bioinformatics, Forensics, and even Biology. Recently designed courses include CDS230 (Modeling and Simulation 1), CDS 486 (Image Operators), and CSI 785 Visulization/Modeling/Complex Systems
● J. Kinser, Image Operators, CRC Press. 2019.
● J. Kinser, Mobile Labs for Kinematic Physics, Inst. of Physics, Concise Physics Series, 2015.
● J. Kinser, Python for Bioinformatics, Jones and Bartlett, June 2009.
● T. Lindblad & J. Kinser, Image Processing using Pulsed Coupled Neural Networks, Springer-Verlag, London, (first edition) 1998, (second edition) 2005, (Chinese edition) 2008. (third edition) 2014.