Faculty & Staff Directory
- Assistant Professor
- Undergraduate Coordinator
- Associate Chair
PhD, Geographical Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, 2017.
MUP, Urban Planning, University at Buffalo, 2006
BS, Geography and Comparative Religion, Western Michigan University, 2004
As an assistant professor, I teach undergraduate and graduate courses in topics such as urban planning, urban geography, geoinformation technologies, GIS, quantitative methods, and cartography. I also serve as the GGS Undergraduate Coordinator, which entails advising and curricular development.
- GGS 102 Physical geography
- GGS 110 Introduction to geoinformation technologies
- GGS 300 Quantitative methods for geographical analysis
- GGS 306 Urban geography
- GGS 310 Cartographic design
- GGS 357 / GOVT 357 Urban planning
- GGS 411/655 Geovisualization
- GGS 553 Geographic information systems
- Zhu, B., D. S. Smith, A. P. Benaquista, D. M. Rossi, B. M. Kadapuram, M. L. Yu, A. S.
- Partlow and N. R. Burtch. 2018. Water quality impacts of small-scale hydromodification in an urban stream in Connecticut, USA. Ecological Processes 7 (11).
- Fitzgerald, D. G., B. Zhu, E. L. Mills, L. G. Rudstam, S. B. Hoskins, D. E. Haddad, N. R. Burtch, J. T. Coleman and D. L. Crabtree. 2016. Dynamics of aquatic vegetation in Oneida Lake, 1915-2005: a response to ecosystem change. In Oneida Lake: Long-term dynamics of a managed ecosystem and its fisheries, eds. L. G. Rudstam, E. L. Mills, J. R. Jackson and D. J. Stewart. Bethesda, MD: American Fisheries Society.