Faculty & Staff Directory
- Research Professor
PhD, Computational Science and Informatics, George Mason University, 2006
Mainly responsible for research activities in remote sensing applications and climate data records.
Research interests include remote sensing data analysis and applications, climate data records and climate change, natural hazards detection and assessment.
- C.-Z. Zou, M. D. Goldberg, and X. Hao, 2018. New generation of U.S. satellite microwave sounder achieves high radiometric stability performance for reliable climate change detection. Science Advances , Vol. 4, no. 10, eaau0049. DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aau0049
- X. Hao, J. J. Qu, 2013. Development of the Global Mutispectral Imager Thermal Emissive FCDRs. Satellite-based Application to Climate Change, Springer-Verlag. pp 67-80. DOI: 10.1007/978-94-007-5872-8_5.
- L. Wang, E. R. Hunt, J. J. Qu , X. Hao, C. S. T. Daughtry, 2013. Remote Sensing of fuel moisture content from the ratios of vegetation water indices with a dry matter index , Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 129, 103-110.
- X. Hao and J. J. Qu, 2007. Saharan dust storm detection using MODIS thermal infrared bands. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing,Vol. 1, 013510. DOI: 10.1117/1.2740039
- X. Hao and J.J. Qu,2006. Retrieval of Real-time Live Fuel Moisture Content Using MODIS Measurements. Remote Sensing of Environment , 108(2):130-137. DOI:10.1016/j.rse.2006.09.033