Application deadline for Learning Assistant Program
Nov 20, 2023, 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Applications for the next semester are now being accepted for the Mason Science Learning Assistant Program. Apply by November, 20, 2023 for the Spring 2024 semester.
In order to apply as a learning assistant you will need to sign up with the Learning Assistant Alliance. Note: Getting access to the Learning Assistant Alliance website can take up to a day so do not wait until the last moment! You can sign up before applications open so consider doing this right away.
- Go to: https://learningassistantalliance.org
- Click the Sign Up button (by the login on the left side)
- Search and select “George Mason University” from the list and then hit the “Next” button.
- Complete the questionnaire regarding your personal information.
- Create a Username and Password as instructed on the page. Do not use your Mason password. This will be a separate login and password.
- Check the email you used to register for a confirmation email. This could take up to 24 hours. Click the activation link to finalize the creation of your account.
Applying to be a Learning Assistant
- Log in at https://learningassistantalliance.org with your username and password.
- On the left-hand side of the welcome page, click the “Spring 2021 – APPLY NOW” link. Note: You may also view which courses are looking for learning assistants by clicking “Course Appointments Available for Spring 2021”
- Complete the questionnaire regarding your personal information, academics, careers, qualifications, and the courses for which you would like to be an LA. You may use the “Next” button to advance the questionnaire, the “Save” button to return to it another time, or the “Back” button to view a previous page. You may also manually select a page to complete using the blue “Sections” box.
- Review and submit your application.