Why Science at Mason?
Just minutes from the nation's capital
Just minutes from the nation’s capital, the College of Science is well-positioned to partner with numerous governments, academic, and private organizations to investigate unique concepts in research and education. These partnerships enhance students’ educational experiences through internships, cooperative work experiences, and other personalized training options, and capture broader exposure and exclusive opportunities for college research efforts.
A faculty of world-class scientists and educators with exemplary qualifications and progressive experience attracts new research opportunities; recruits highly qualified and motivated students from across the country and abroad; and provides unparalleled insight and expertise toward the development of marketable academic programs. Their outstanding achievements are often acknowledged by a variety of highly reputable national and international agencies and foundations.
- Medical proteomics, biomedical research and personalized medicine
- Climate science, atmospheric processes and earth observation
- Conservation, biodiversity, sustainability and aquatic ecology
- Simulation, modeling and data sciences
- Geospatial intelligence and geo-information science
- Astrophysics and planetary science
A top tier research university and the largest public research university in Virginia
#1 Most Diverse in VA
and #15 most diverse in the US, according to U.S. News and World Report
Faculty connected to leading industries and organizations near Washington DC