We're glad you're considering continuing your education at Mason's College of Science
Did you know that more than a third of our College of Science undergraduate students are transfers? We are proud to offer innovative, transfer-focused programs and events to jumpstart your STEM transfer success story!
Featured Event: Transfer Science Bridge Webinar Series
These interactive webinars equip new College of Science transfer students with the skills and knowledge for STEM success at Mason.
- July 30, 4-5 pm: Academic Planning and Policies: What COS Transfers Need to Know
- August 6, 4-5 pm: Explore COS: Academics and Experiential Learning
- August 14, 4-5pm: Mastering COS STEM Lab Protocols & Lab Reporting
Register today! Complete the webform below:
Transfer Pathways to Success
Academic Affairs Community of Transfer Researchers (AACTR)
Transfer Students, do you want to pursue scientific research while at Mason but don’t know where to start? Apply to this interdisciplinary learning community and connect with fellow transfer researchers as you navigate the many STEM research opportunities available at Mason and beyond. AACTR Scholars receive:
- Exclusive access to AACTR seminars and faculty/peer mentoring
- Priority enrollment in COS 300 and COS 400 courses
- Support with navigating undergraduate research and internship opportunities both on- and off-campus
- Assistance with career planning and the graduate and professional school admission process
Interested students must complete an online registration form.
Transfer Science Bridge Webinar Series
Are you a prospective or incoming transfer student to Mason’s College of Science (COS)? COS Transfer Tuesdays is your summer 2020 one-stop destination for COS transfer planning.
Registration is open: science.gmu.edu/transfertuesdays
June 23 1:30pm to 3:00pm
July 7, 14, and 21 3:30pm to 5:00pm
July 28 1:30pm to 3:00pm
August 4, 11, 18 3:30pm to 5:00pm
Join Kerin Hilker-Balkissoon, Director of Educational and Career Pathways, for virtual, group drop-ins on Tuesday afternoons. Get transfer-specic COS information and tips to jumpstart your COS transfer success story! One-on-one appointments available upon request.
Academic Advising for incoming transfer students is provided via Mason’s New Student Orientation.
Questions? Contact: Kerin Hilker-Balkissoon Director, Educational and Career Pathways email@example.com | science.gmu.edu
Let's Talk Transfer (Coming Soon!)
Coming soon in Fall 2020!
STEM Transfer Day
Prospective STEM transfer students, take advantage of this unique opportunity to explore Mason as a premier STEM transfer destination. At STEM Transfer Day you will:
- Meet our award-winning STEM faculty and Transfer Ambassadors
- Explore Mason’s academic programs and vibrant student research community
- Learn about 21st Century career pathways in STEM
- Tour our beautiful Fairfax Campus, including our top-tier STEM labs and facilities
- Enjoy free parking and lunch
The next STEM Transfer Day will take place in Spring 2021.
NOVA/Mason ADVANCE Program
The College of Science is proud to offer ADVANCE pathways for all of our undergraduate programs. For more information, visit the NOVA/Mason ADVANCE program page.
You can find additional information about transferring to Mason through the Office of Transfer Services.
If you have questions about our transfer programs, or if you would like additional information, please contact Kerin Hilker-Balkissoon, Director of Educational and Career Pathways, at firstname.lastname@example.org.