We're glad you're considering continuing your education at Mason's College of Science
Did you know that more than a third of our College of Science undergraduate students are transfers? We are proud to offer innovative, transfer-focused programs and events to jumpstart your STEM transfer success story!
Transfer Pathways to Success
STEM Transfer Day
Prospective STEM transfer students, take advantage of this unique opportunity to explore Mason as a premier STEM transfer destination. At STEM Transfer Day you will:
- Meet our award-winning STEM faculty and Transfer Ambassadors
- Explore Mason’s academic programs and vibrant student research community
- Learn about 21st Century career pathways in STEM
- Tour our beautiful Fairfax Campus, including our top-tier STEM labs and facilities
- Enjoy free parking and lunch
The next STEM Transfer Day will take place in Fall 2020.
Transfer Science Bridge
This immersive, half-day experience equips new College of Science transfer students with the skills and knowledge for STEM success at Mason.
- Refresh the core skills needed for your upper-level STEM classes.
- Be the first to master Mason's rigorous STEM class/lab protocols and lab reporting.
- Meet our faculty and Transfer Ambassadors, and explore Mason's academic, research, study abroad, and internship opportunities.
Summer 2020 Transfer Science Bridge Dates are August 7, 2020, 10:00-1:00 and August 20, 2020 12:30-3:30. Registration opens May 2020.
Academic Affairs Community of Transfer Researchers (AACTR)
Transfer Students, do you want to pursue scientific research while at Mason but don’t know where to start? Apply to this interdisciplinary learning community and connect with fellow transfer researchers as you navigate the many STEM research opportunities available at Mason and beyond. AACTR Scholars receive:
- Exclusive access to AACTR seminars and faculty/peer mentoring
- Priority enrollment in COS 300 and COS 400 courses
- Support with navigating undergraduate research and internship opportunities both on- and off-campus
- Assistance with career planning and the graduate and professional school admission process
Interested students must complete an online registration form.
NOVA/Mason ADVANCE Program
The College of Science is proud to offer ADVANCE pathways for all of our undergraduate programs. For more information, visit the NOVA/Mason ADVANCE program page.
You can find additional information about transferring to Mason through the Office of Transfer Services.
If you have questions about our transfer programs, or if you would like additional information, please contact Kerin Hilker-Balkissoon, Director of Educational and Career Pathways, at firstname.lastname@example.org.