Applicants to the Climate Science Masters Program and Climate Dynamics Doctoral Program should have
- an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- demonstrated high aptitude for quantitative reasoning, mathematics, and physical science
- a GPA of at least 3.000 in undergraduate work
The GRE is optional.
All foreign applicants must have a TOEFL of at least 575 (paper-based exam), 230 (computer-based exam), or 88 (internet-based exam; score for each individual section must be at least 20), or an IELTS band score of at least 6.5.
Funding Graduate School
Financial support is available for graduate students
Admission Target Dates
We consider applicants for both semesters, but recommend that full-time students start the program in the Fall.
- Fall Admission: For the best chance of obtaining financial assistance in the form of a Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA), submit applications by December 15 of the preceding year (e.g., 12/15/2021 for Fall 2022 admission).
- Spring Admission: Applications should be received by November 1 of the preceding year (e.g. 11/1/2021 for Spring 2022 admission).