New Funding Opportunities for Graduate Students
As part of the work from the Graduate Education Funding Enhancements Working Group, two new funding opportunities for graduate students have been announced:
- High Impact Grants. The High Impact Grant is a new funding opportunity for master’s and doctoral students. This grant provides tuition support for graduate students’ courses that significantly enhance training and education and/or satisfy credit-bearing requirements toward completion of the graduate degree. Request for applications will be released by Monday, October 19.
- Achievement Assistantships. The Achievement Assistantship is a new funding opportunity for full-time or part-time doctoral students who have completed a minimum of 48 credits of coursework. This grant provides support for graduate students to advance their research to progress in 998 or 999 requirements toward completion of their degree. Request for applications will be released by Monday, November 2.
Office of the Provost Spring 2021 Dissertation Completion Grants
Are you a graduate student seeking funding? The Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President provides Graduate student fellowships and grants to enhance academic performance, promote research of consequence, and advance professional development.
Visit their website for additional information: https://provost.gmu.edu/academics-and-research/graduate-education/awards-and-grants
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) – INTERNSHIPS
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) is hiring interns. They offer competitive intern pay. Many of these opportunities are in the Business Technologies and Strategies division, and all of them will have the opportunity to participate in a Data Science / Machine Learning project.
Visit this site for additional information: https://nreca.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home?c=nreca.
National Park Service Internships
The following six internships with the National Park System are available IMMEDIATELY. For full consideration, you must apply using the working title listed. Provide a current resume, transcripts, list of three professional references with contact information and letter of interest electronically to Jim Pieper firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-339-8327. All applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and the advertisement will remain open until the position is filled.
- NPS Fish Data Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS GIS Data Management Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS Hydrology Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS Natural Resource Museum Collections Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS Natural History Museum Technician (Part-Time)
For additional information on graduate fellowships, please contact: