The College of Science Alumni Chapter is a conduit for graduates, families, and supporters to network and discover new professional and business relationships and opportunities.
The College of Science was created in 2006 by melding the former School of Computational Sciences with the physical, mathematical, and life sciences from the former College of Arts and Sciences. The College's Alumni Chapter was launched in January of 2014 with 20 founding members.
For more information, email Marie Calle (firstname.lastname@example.org), Development Coordinator for the College of Science.
- Get involved: see our events calendar below for more information.
- Mentor a student by joining the Science Career Connection Program: our alumni-student connection tool! Once in the database, students will be able to search for you by their professional interests and reach out to you with career questions and requests. Pay it forward — share your industry experience, career path advice, and job search expertise. Fill out the form here if you are interested in getting more information!
- Leverage your experience in a variety of ways. Participate in a lecture series, or visit a class related to your career field. Help current Patriots to explore different industries and career paths. Connect your employer to Mason to graduates, promote internships, and establish scholarships.
Contact Marie Calle (email@example.com) for more information.
Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Joseph Sakran
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the COS Alumni Chapter?
The College of Science (COS) Alumni Chapter was established in January 2014 as a conduit for graduates, families, and supporters of the college to network and discover new business and professional relationships and opportunities. Our goal is to strengthen our professional link and community between our alumni, industry and current students.
What kind of events does the chapter host?
The chapter hosts several events throughout the year to help build the College of Science community and our professional relationships. The DC area Alumni Chapter has hosted regular happy hours, Science Industry Networking with University Career Services, and annual Alumni Weekend events.
How can I get involved?
Whether you are an alumnus/a or student, please e-mail our Chapter via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We always welcome additional committee participation and student liaison representatives!
Join the conversation: use #MasonScience to talk about your COS experiences and related news.
Am I a member?
Yes! If you graduated from a COS program, from the dawn of the University and onward, you are automatically a COS alumni chapter member. We welcome the participation of both current and future alumni. Bonus note: Chapter membership is free!
How do I hear more about events?
- Opt-in to the University Alumni community at alumni.gmu.edu
- Sign up for the listserv at cos.gmu.edu/alumni
- Website: cos.gmu.edu/alumni
- LinkedIn Group: cos.gmu.edu/linkedin (quick link)
- Facebook: facebook.com/GeorgeMasonCOS
- Twitter: @GMU_COS
Chapter Board Officers
President: Taylor Sargent, BS Physics '14
Secretary: David Amarasinghe, BS Mathematics '08
Treasurer: Veronique Bonhomme, BS '11, MS Chemistry '13
Paul Lewis, PhD Environmental Science and Public Policy '05
Anita Arora, MS Biodefense '06
Tiffany Ha, BS '10, MS Biochemistry '13 (President Emeritus)
Mason Alumni Association Board Director-At-Large: Walter McLeod, MS Chemistry '94 (President Emeritus)
How can I stay in touch with my classmates and with the College of Science community?
The College of Science has multiple ways for alumni to stay connected:
- The College of Science LinkedIn group – Stay connected with classmates via the COS Alumni and Friends Network. Share articles, and discuss new research and developments in health, physical, and computational sciences.
- Alumni Online Community – The University’s Alumni Online Community includes an alumni directory to help you search for classmates, and view class notes. Stay informed of your classmates’ accomplishments, and submit news of your own.
What College of Science publications will I be able to access?
- The Scroll – The University Alumni Newsletter monthly email
- MasonScience Annual Report – The annual report for the College of Science
How can I submit a class note for the website and Alumni Newsletter?
We are happy to publish news and announcements of both a professional and personal nature. Please use the Alumni Class Notes form to submit your updates. Your note may be edited before publication.
Where can I update my contact information?
You can update your contact information filling out an alumni information update form.