Undergraduate Research Colloquium
Winners of the 2022 Undergraduate Research Colloquium
The College of Science and STEM Accelerator hosted the 11th Annual Undergraduate Research Colloquium (URC) on Wednesday, April 27. The purpose of this event was to showcase the variety of undergraduate research projects in the College to the Mason community.
General Event information
The College of Science and STEM Accelerator invite undergraduate students to participate in the Annual Undergraduate Research Colloquium (URC). The purpose of this event is to showcase the variety of undergraduate research projects in the College to the Mason community. All students engaged in undergraduate research at any level in any academic unit within the College of Science are encouraged to participate.
Location: Gather.town virtual conference
Date: Wednesday April 27, 2022
2pm Opening Remarks
2-3pm Odd Numbered Posters
3-4pm Even Numbered Posters
There are 29 posters at this year's colloquium! The abstracts and event program will be available here soon.
Instructions for Students
To present at this event, you first need to submit an abstract of your research. An abstract is a short summary (<1000 characters) of your scholarly project. For this event, it is ok if your work is not finished and conclusions are speculative at the time of abstract submission. Work with your mentor to effectively communicate your scholarly question, what you have done to answer it, what results you have obtained/anticipate, and what those results mean in the appropriate context. Your abstract should be written with an interdisciplinary scientific audience in mind. Other important details:
- It is your responsibility to ensure your research mentor has reviewed and approved the abstract prior to submission.
- The list of authors should be in the same order that you intend to display on your poster.
- Group submissions are welcome; however, posters should only be submitted once. Indicate the group members who will be present at the Colloquium by placing an asterisk next to their name in the full author list.
- Abstracts will be published in an electronic abstract booklet that will be distributed by email to Mason’s faculty, staff and students.
To register your project for the COS URC, submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts are due April 4, 2022 by 5:00pm
*Note* For 2022, this event will be virtual. No physical posters will be printed or presented.
- The recommended size for posters for this event is 3ft x 4 ft and in the landscape orientation. You can download the template to be sure you have the correct size and orientation.
- Modifications can be made to the boxes on the poster template, which has been provided as an example of what to include on a research poster.
- The final poster needs to be an image file, either PDG or JEPG format. From PowerPoint, simply save your poster as a *.png or *.jpg.
- Send your completed *.png or *.jpg electronic document to email@example.com by MONDAY April 18, 2021, by 11:59pm.
Download the PowerPoint Poster template HERE
Request for Judges
Mason faculty, research staff, and graduate students are invited to be judges for this event. Judging will occur during the poster session from 2-4pm. More details will be shared with the judges before the event. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College of Science Undergraduate Research Colloquium is administrated by the faculty and staff of the STEM Accelerator.