Accelerated Master’s Degrees
Whether you plan to teach or simply know the direction your career is headed, you can make quick work of your graduate studies and earn a bachelor’s and a master’s in five years. Applicants get their graduate application fee waived, and admitted students may obtain both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree after satisfactory completion of 138 to 145 credits (number of required credits depends on the degree program). Also, there is no GRE requirement!
Is it for you?
Students with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 may apply for provisional acceptance into this accelerated master’s program after completing at least 60 undergraduate credits. Each specific program might have some additional course requirements such as for example that as part of the 60 credits, you must have completed GGS 300 Quantitative Methods for Geographical Analysis, GGS 311 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems, and at least one more upper level GGS course. You can start taking graduate credits after being admitted into the BAM program and once you have earned 75 undergraduate credits.
- Graduate application fee waived
- No GRE
- Up to 12 credits of graduate coursework may be applied to both undergraduate degree and the master’s degree
- During the bachelor’s degree status, students may take up to 6 graduate credits as reserve graduate credit. These credits do not apply to the undergraduate degree, but will reduce the subsequent master’s degree credits accordingly.
- 5 years to a BS/BA + MS degree
How to apply?
Use this guide to help you know what is required, how to submit your application, and avoid mistakes that may delay the consideration of your application.
Please be sure to email the BAM Coordinator directly, Dr. Christine Rosenfeld (firstname.lastname@example.org), when you know you are interested in applying so she can walk you through specific GGS application steps.
- Geography, BA/Geographic and Cartographic Sciences, Accelerated MS
- Geography, BS/Geographic and Cartographic Sciences, Accelerated MS
- Geography, BA/Geoinformatics and Geospatial Intelligence, Accelerated MS
- Geography, BS/Geoinformatics and Geospatial Intelligence, Accelerated MS
Please see the GMU Catalog Entry for the MS in Geographic and Cartographic Sciences and the MS in Geoinformatics and Geospatial Intelligence for other program details.
Academic Catalog for Previous Years
Questions? Please contact the department at email@example.com.