Faculty and Staff
Who represents you?
Working closely with University administration, the Faculty and Staff Senates address concerns that have an impact on the quality of work-life for the Mason community. The work of the Senates is accomplished through open and continuous communication with its constituents.
Promotion and Tenure: College and University timelines and resources
The promotion and tenure process is one of the most important tasks that faculty undertake in an institution of higher education, and follows the principles in sections 2.4 through 2.7 of the Faculty Handbook. Over the last two years, the Provost Office and Colleges have collaborated to make the guidelines for renewal, promotion, and tenure accessible online in a detailed format. Read more about the process.
- College of Science Promotion and Tenure Committee (DOCX)
- College of Science Bylaws (PDF)
- College of Science Workload Guidelines (PDF)
- George Mason University Faculty Handbook (PDF)
- Provost Office Policies
- Recommended Criteria for Evaluating Genuine Excellence in Teaching – Provost Office (PDF)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training – Compliance, Diversity, and Ethics Office
Want to connect or collaborate?
Mason Science is a curiosity-driven, thriving community. Use the Mason PeopleFinder to connect across campus, or our faculty and staff directory to search for future collaborators and science experts.
women and minority leadership
best employer for diversity