Research & Centers
AOES faculty have broad interests in the major disciplines of climate and geology, with newly developing cross-disciplinary interests in paleoclimatology and paleoceanography.
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA)
COLA is a research center dedicated to understanding climate fluctuations on seasonal, interannual, and decadal scales, with special emphasis on the interactions between Earth’s atmosphere, oceans, and land surfaces. Most of the AOES faculty, staff, and students who do research in Climate Dynamics are affiliated with COLA. The COLA web pages include a description of COLA Research.
Climate Dynamics (CLIM)
- Prediction and Predictability of Weather and Climate
- Paleoclimatology and Paleoceanography
- Climate Change and Climate Variability
- Ocean's Role in Climate
- Atmosphere-Land Interactions and Hydrology
- Air Quality, Aerosols, Mesoscale Dynamics, and Remote Sensing
Geology and Earth Science (GEOL)