Section Navigation: Mathematical Sciences Department
- Graduate Programs
- Majors and Minors
- Contact Us
- Advising and Student Support
- Applied and Computational Math Seminar
- Combinatorics, Algebra and Geometry Seminar (CAGS)
- Directions to the Mathematics Department
- Faculty and Staff
- Math Careers
- Math Tutoring
- Mathematical Sciences Course Syllabi
- Mathematical Sciences Testing Center
- Mathematics Colloquium
- PDEs and Data Control Seminar
- Research and Centers
- Scientific Computing Workshops
- Seminar on Satellite Image Analysis via Deep Learning
- Seminars and Colloquia
- Student Math Organizations
- Topology, Algebraic Geometry, and Dynamics Seminar (TADS)
- Undergraduate Honors Program in Mathematics
- Why Major in Math?
- Geometry MMA: Metrics, Measures, and Algorithms
- Opportunities for Students
- Quantum Computing Seminar
Directions to the Mathematics Department
The math department is located on the 4th floor of Exploratory Hall at the Fairfax Campus of George Mason University. The visitor parking in Shenandoah Parking Deck is very close to Exploratory Hall. The entrance to the parking deck is on Sandy Creek Way.
Take the orange line to the end of the line, Vienna Stop, Orange Line. From the Vienna Metro, there is a "Metro to Mason" shuttle directly to the Mason campus every half hour (see the timing at https://transportation.gmu.edu/shuttle-services/) The bus takes 1/2 hour to get here. The shuttle stop at the Vienna Metro is on the north side of the station — turn left coming out of the turnstiles and take the pedestrian bridge over the highway. The Mason shuttle is at the far left shelter when one comes out to the semi-circle of bus shelters on the north side. Exit the shuttle at the Sandy Creek Parking Deck stop, a roundabout area next to the parking deck. The driver should be able to tell you when that is.
The math department is on the 4th floor of Exploratory Hall, very close to the Shenandoah Parking Deck.